Tuesday 3 April 2018

Modular Assets: Theming

My assets from last year used the setting of an underground sewer system for its theme and while I was happy with how they turned out, there is room for improvement which I would like to address.

Pipes

In my original piece, the pipes were a big disappointment, the texture being unrealistic and pixelated due to improper texel density compared the rest of the model. The pipes also could have had more variety in appearance to break up the monotony of the tiles.

Tiling capabilities

Unable to spend more time on them at a certain point, it was too late in the process that I realised some of the assets weren't tileable, so left minute gaps between geometry, while this was fixable with hiding the seams, I would rather the pieces were completely seamless, so as to avoid any unnecessary hiding of seams.



No comments:

Post a Comment