Saturday 7 April 2018

Modular Assets: Texturing

Having UV Unwrapped and modelled the assets that I want to texture, I took them into Substance Painter to texture. This software I have previously researched into, and conducted tests to use, but had never undertaken the task on assets that needed seamless textures, so this was a task that was new to me.

Overall I am disappointed with this stage, as I felt I didn't leave myself enough time for it and the phase was rushed. There were maps I didn't use, such as an opacity map, which would have made the tube props look more realistic in the final renders. However, I was pleased with the stone brick texture. Unsure of how to accomplish it in the program, I did not make any decals for the environment, which could have added the level of detail that would make the scene look less synthetic and clean.

Prop textured in Substance Painter

Brick wall textured using a default material, and layered in Substance Painter to add grunge and grime effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment